Pasta With No-Cook Tomato Sauce are in season, there’s no need to prepare them to get the most flavour out of them. Choose tomatoes that are firm, smooth, and vividly coloured, with no blemishes or bruises, and keep them at room temperature.
- 12 oz. linguine
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/2 c. pitted Castelvetrano olives, smashed and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. capers, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 c. grape tomatoes, halved (or sliced into thirds if large)
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs total), stems removed
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 c. flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Cook pasta per package directions, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking water before draining.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add olives, capers and grape tomatoes and toss to combine.
- Cut 1/4 inch off top of each beefsteak tomato and discard. Finely grate cut sides of tomatoes into the bowl until skin is reached; discard skin.
- Add pasta to tomato mixture, sprinkle with Parmesan and toss to coat, adding some reserved pasta water as necessary to make a creamy sauce. Toss with parsley and sprinkle with Parmesan if desired.