Chilled Corn Soup is a unique way to savour delicious summer corn, and it’s the ideal beginning to make ahead, chill, and enjoy before dinner.
- 4 large ears corn, shucked
- 1/4 yellow pepper
- 1/2 yellow heirloom tomato (about 5 ounces)
- 1/2 small sweet onion
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt
- Queso fresco, cilantro leaves, and cayenne, for serving
- A medium saucepan of water should be brought to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes with the corn, then drain and chill under cold water.
- Working over a bowl, remove kernels off cobs and scrape any residual bits of kernels and fluids with the back of a knife. Cobs should be discarded.
- Puree the corn, pepper, tomato, onion, lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a blender until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours before serving. Serve with crumbled queso fresco, cilantro, and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper on top.